“Within Reach” is the theme for the 2017-18 Reflections Art Program (see attached promotional flyer). All students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas: Dance/Choreography, Literature, Photography, Film Production, Music Composition, and Visual Arts. If you are interested in participating in this year’s Reflections Contest, please pick up an entry packet at the NHS administration office or print a copy from the PTSA website at http://www.northwoodptsa.org/reflections. All entries are due to the office on Monday, October 16th. Entries selected for the district level will be notified by Monday, October 30th. If you have any questions, please contact Reflections Chair, Linda Li at ReflectionsPTSAnhs@gmail.com.
Monday, August 28, 2017
The $130 back-to-school special has been extended to September 18. Buy your ticket now to the best party of the year! Ticket prices increase to $140 on Tuesday, September 19. Online purchase is preferred (no fees), or paper ticket form is also available (must be signed by both parent and student and returned with check to NHS PTSA to front office). Both purchase options can be found on the Northwood PTSA website, link is below - Online purchase is GRAD NIGHT TICKET and paper is GRAD NIGHT FORM:
The NHS book list will be on display at the Barnes & Noble in the Market Place from August 14 through August 31, 2017. At the time of your purchase, mention NHS PTSA, and PTSA will receive credit for your purchase. Online purchases also qualify. Please enter the Book Fair ID 12160818 at checkout at www.bn.com/bookfairs. Please remember to pick up your Study Aids, AP Study Guides, and any other books, magazines and gift items. NHS will also receive credit for food and/or beverage purchases in the café. Please mention Northwood High School at the register or show the attached flyer.
Support our PTSA, our students and Northwood High school by choosing NHS PTSA as your preferred charitable cause through Amazon Smile. Every time your family make an Amazon purchase, Amazon automatically donates 0.5% of eligible purchases to NHS PTSA at no cost. Please use this Link and choose NHS PTSA for your charity. #StartWithaSmile #YouShopAmazon
Did you know that by joining NHS PTSA you will be joining California's largest children's advocacy association, working to improve the lives of all children and families?
Let’s show students and teachers that we care! Fill out the membership form today and get a free school directory (available in October)! You can also pay for membership and make a donation online (PayPal and credit cards accepted - no service fee)
Welcome to a new academic year! We hope all students and teachers had a great start last week! NHS is an award-winning school thanks to the support of parent volunteers, PTSA memberships and donations that directly benefit NHS students! Last year PTSA funded:
· Wellness Day lunch
· 15 laptops for the Media Center, 1 laptop cart, and 1 document camera
· 2 sets of drama lighting and 8 standing easels
· 2 lunch table umbrellas and 3 fans for the gym
· 17 flags for the athletics field and visual & performing arts area
· WASC reception with the visiting team
· Gift cards for college reps and speakers
· Supplemental funding to maintain a full-time health clerk
· Additional funding to support Stanford’s Challenge Success Program
· Health and safety programs and disaster preparedness supplies
· Reflections - creative arts program
· Healthy lunchtime snacks in the Student Store & spiritwear sales
· Speakers for parent and student education programs
· Advocacy programs (parent and students’ trip to Sacramento to meet government officials) and much more!