- We continued to hold the #1 spot in PTSA membership among all 36 Irvine schools.
- We invited many distinguished speakers to talk about their career to the students and special guests to talk about mental health, lowering anxiety, driving safety, and other topics of interest to the parents.
- We provided hospitality to the many parent volunteers who helped during registration week and at Back-to-School Night.
- The Student Store, managed and operated by parent volunteers, was open Monday-Friday during lunchtime selling healthy snacks, drinks and spiritwear, generating funds that are donated right back to the school, benefitting the students and teachers.
- We gifted almost $30,000 to the school for the purchase of 10 laptops, 4 document cameras, 70 graphing calculators, 100+ white boards with graphs, 2 chrome book carts and much more.
- We funded health and safety programs, disaster preparedness supplies and supplemental funding to maintain a full-time health clerk.
- We sponsored 6 students and 2 adults on two separate trips to Sacramento, where they attended workshops, met with legislators and discussed educational issues.
- The Grad Night Committee organized a very successful event for our graduating seniors, who enjoyed a variety of entertainment all night in a safe environment.
- We hosted the Pride of the Pack breakfast, honoring those who were selected by their teachers for demonstrating NHS core values.
- We participated in the national Reflections art program.
- We created a new PTSA website, which will be launched this summer.
- We logged in 4237 volunteer hours this year (and this is not counting the hours of so many parents who also volunteer for athletic boosters and music programs).
PTSA has had a fantastic year! None of the above would have been possible without the help and contribution of the many parents who care for our school and the success of our students. Again, thank you so much for your time, dedication and donations!
Please consider joining us again next year as an official PTSA member; we hope you will participate in many of our events. Have a wonderful summer and see you back during fall registration, the week of August 15th.
2015-17 NHS PTSA President